Thursday, July 21, 2011

Italian popular gestures

When I met my husband back in China in a bar where I used to sing, he and some of his friends would make some hands gestures to us(my band). I think it was the only way to communicate that time cos you know, bars are sooo loud. So Davide would brush his shoulders with his hands or rub his chin with his hands and I would be like "what the heck are you doing?!" It was so funny! I wasn't aware that they are so popular in Italy and that there are hundreds of them.
Little did I know that after less than four years of living here in Italy..I would be unconsciously doing these Italian hand gestures myself! My father-in-law joked that in Naples they don't need to talk anymore, instead they just use their hands. Well, that was a joke but I heard that It's somehow true. No offense intended!
Oh and I have a lot of funny anecdotes about it but let's not go there..LOL!
here are JUST A FEW of them !






It's a must to learn a few! You'll fit right in! But be warned cos instead of gesturing 'let's go' ...I accidentally gestured 'f@#+ off!' !!! LMAO



by: Alfredo Cassano

1 comment:

  1. LOL! we are riding in the same boat. Hope to see you always around.

    ReplyDelete